Nutra Organics ~ Collagen Beauty
Glow from the inside out with Collagen Beauty™ with VERISOL®, a natural formulation to reduce skin wrinkles and smooth fine lines, increase skin hydration and elasticity, and support healthy hair & nails~.
Collagen Beauty™ is a unique opportunity to create wellness from the inside out with VERISOL® Bioactive Collagen Peptides. Our skin is made up of over 75 % collagen, which begins to degenerate in our mid 20’s, when we begin to show the signs of ageing skin, and is accelerated by other lifestyle and environmental factors.
Collagen Beauty™ is a natural formulation with VERISOL® Bioactive Collagen Peptides to support structural integrity of skin and decrease skin aging factors after 8 weeks of use, supporting skin quality of the entire body and smoothing skin wrinkles from within. Research has shown that consuming Collagen Beauty™ with VERISOL®, as part of a balanced diet, may:
- Reduce skin wrinkles and smooth fine lines
- Increase skin hydration and improve moisture levels
- Increase skin elasticity
- Contributes to healthy gut and skin by supporting structure and function of connective tissue with Vitamin C
- Contributes to collagen formation & protection from free radical damage with Vitamin C
- Contribute to maintaining skin structure, support wound healing, and support healthy hair & nails with Zinc
- Support tissue building & repair with a good source of Protein
- Plus contains the naturopathic herb Horsetail, which is traditionally said to make hair strong like a horse’s tail.
Collagen is often left out of the modern diet because it is not present in lean cuts of meat, but rather bones and connective tissue. Today our Collagen Beauty is only the good stuff - pure type I and type III sustainably sourced collagen that fully dissolves in hot or cold liquid whilst maintaining its benefits.
Collagen Beauty™ is pregnancy, breastfeeding and child friendly (suitable for 12 months & up).
~when consumed in conjunction with a healthy, varied diet.
Hydrolysed Collagen, VERISOL® Collagen Peptides (25%), Camu Camu*, Orgen-Zn® Guava*, Horsetail Herb*. *Organic Ingredients
Nutra Organics Collagen is sustainably derived from a bovine source (cow).
WAYS TO USE IT
Mix 12 g (1 metric tbsp or 1 heaped dessert spoon) daily into any liquid of choice , from smoothies to soups. Collagen Beauty™ is unflavoured and completely dissolves in hot and cold liquid.
Are Collagen Beauty™, Collagen Body and Collagen Build safe for consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Yes, Collagen Beauty™, Collagen Body, and Collagen Build are safe for consumption during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as kids 12 months plus.
Why bovine collagen?
We thought long and hard about this one. In the end we decided on bovine collagen for the following reasons:
- Bovine hide is a by-product of an industry that is already well established, so it reduces waste, and therefore up-cycles the parts of the animal that would otherwise be disposed of.
- Traceability of bovine sourced collagen is much clearer than marine collagen (so it’s easy to ensure that the collagen comes from healthy, well cared for cows. “Marine” collagen is rarely even “marine” as it mostly comes from fish farms rather than the ocean, and our oceans are majorly over fished already as it is).
- The amount of collagen that you get from one cow is massive compared to one fish. Making it much more cost effective and affordable.
There are a lot of misconceptions about the size of collagen peptides from bovine source vs marine source. One is not “bigger” or “smaller” than the other. The size of collagen peptides relies on the hydrolysis process. This is the process where collagen fibres are broken down into small peptide chains. The collagen that we use has been specifically hydrolysed to be the correct size and shape for optimal absorption and utilisation by the body, specific for it’s function!
Which Collagen Product is best for me?
That depends entirely on what your goals and priorities are, as each of our collagen powders contains different bioactive collagen peptides that have different functions in the body. We have also added some specific key nutrients to each that further support and target those functions and make them even more specialised. Collagen Beauty targets skin hair and nails, Collagen Body targets bone and Collagen Build targets muscle.
For example, If you are concerned with wrinkles and skin hydration, Collagen Beauty is the one for you! If you are concerned with bone density or have recently injured yourself and fractured a bone, then Collagen Body is the one for you! If you are focusing on building strength and lean muscle mass then Collagen Build is the one for you!
Can I take more than one collagen product at the same time?
We do not recommend taking more than one collagen product at a time. More is not always better. If you would like to target multiple body systems, we recommend taking turns with which collagen product you use. The clinical studies that demonstrated the effectiveness of each of the collagens was done by using just one of the specialised bioactive collagen peptides, every day for the trial period (usually between 8-12 weeks). So we recommend doing the same thing (for example, you may want to take Collagen Beauty for 12 weeks to help strengthen and hydrate skin over winter, then focus on Collagen Build for 12 weeks to build and strengthen lean muscle over spring). Taking more Collagen won’t cause harm (as it is a food product that is generally considered safe) but there is only so much protein synthesis and metabolism that you can do in a day. Also, consuming too much of anything isn’t a good idea, as it takes the place of other foods in the diet which may reduce the variety of foods that you have in your day. A healthy varied diet is always the best!
What 'types' of collagen are in Collagen Beauty™, Collagen Body and Collagen Build?
Collagen Beauty™, Collagen Body and Collagen Build are standardised to contain type I and type III collagen. These two types of collagen are the most abundant types present in connective tissue within the human body such as in hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, muscle and ligaments.
Where does our collagen come from? Are the cows fed organic grass or grains?
If there’s one thing we are passionate about here at Nutra Organics, aside from food of course, its animals and their welfare. Therefore we have ensured that the bovine that our collagen comes from are treated under the highest animal welfare scheme possible. We do not guarantee that our bovine are fed organic grass all year around as some of them are located in Germany and due to the fact it snows there for a large portion of the year, it is impossible to ensure that they are eating grass fed 100% as their diets may need to occasionally be supplemented with wholesome non-gmo grains. However they are grass fed majority of the year.
How is Collagen different to Gelatin?
The main difference between the Collagen and Gelatin Powders are as follows;
- Collagen is naturally present in all connective tissue. Gelatin is extracted from collagen, and hydrolised collagen is gelatin that has been broken down even further. Therefore, the amino acid profile is the same, but the protein sizes are different.
- Hydrolysed collagen peptides are so small that they will dissolve in hot and cold liquid unlike Gelatin that goes solid (giving it it’s gelling effect).
- Our Collagen products are fortified with specific Collagen Peptides that are trademarked peptides that make the Collagen Powders functional. ie. Collagen Beauty™ is fortified with Verisol Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in hair, skin and nails. Whereas Collagen Body is fortified with Fortibone Collagen peptides that aid in depositing Collagen in bone, ligaments, joints and muscle mass.
Why is my container half full?
When our Collagen Body, Collagen Beauty™ and Collagen Build are first put into their tubs, the powder is extremely fluffy and the tub is filled to the top, the powder then settles to the point in which you have received it. If we were to put it into smaller tubs they would be overflowing and we would not be able to fill it with the weight of the product specified on the packaging. Please be assured that your full dose of collagen is in there as we sell by weight and not volume.